Thursday, December 02, 2004

FINAL PROJECT -- GET AND GIVE HELP HERE

Go ahead and post any questions, comments, concerns and replies related to the final project due at the end of class Monday.

I will check this page and respond:

Friday (12/3) between 4-6 pm and again between 9-10
Saturday (12/4) around 10 am and again around 8 or 9 pm
Sunday (12/5) around 10 am and again around 8 or 9 pm
and Monday (12/6) around 6 am

This is mainly a chance for you to get help from your peers. I've already given you lots of help in class so if I don't respond right away (or at all) I apologize, but them's the breaks.

4 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger j. watrous said...

Victimization of children:

Usually/supposedly in war children and innocent bystanders are left out, and do not get involved in the fighting. In The Light in the Forest True Son was captured as a 4 year-old and taken to live with the Lenni Lenape. At the age of 15 he is again a captive, this time of the white people. This involvement of children, and the mis-treatment of them is considered victimization...making them victims.

Think of how Uncle Wilse treats True Son and Little Crane. Think of how Aunt Kate treats True Son. Think of how the Lenni Lenape treat them.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger j. watrous said...

The letter doesn't require quotes, but rather references to specific events in the story (ex. suicide by may apple, uncle wilse scalping little crane, etc.)

I imagine the best way to work these into a letter would be one per paragraph. Make each the focus of that paragraph. This would work well for an essay.

I would suggest to those looking for the easiest paper to find the one most interesting to you. It's really hard to do something you hate or that isn't interesting to you. ...That's why you get two days in class to complete this paper :)

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, Hi, Mr. Watrous. I'm on B Team, and I found out everyone has a blog too so hi... You have lotsa comments BTW. And Rainelle said it'd be interesting if I posted a comment here. So um yeah I posted... Hi....

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You never said I couldn't...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home